Salesforce will soon be launching their Spring ’12 release in early February with over 100 new features for Salesforce users.
Some of the new features that we are looking forward to are:
- Social Accounts, Contacts, and Leads – Get a better understanding of your customers with social information pulled from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Klout
- Chatter Messenger – Instant Messaging directly in Salesforce!
- Live Agent Integration – Live Agent will be fully integrated with the Service Cloud. Currently, Live Agent is only accessible through a separate login and interface. Integration within the Service Cloud means one less Login to worry about, and faster delivery of service across multiple channels.
- Chatter Answers – Engage your customers and deliver self-service that’s social. Customers will be able to ask questions once, and have answers delivered in a social feed. You will be able to automatically open a case based on a question if it doesn’t get answered.
- Cross-Object Workflow – This is something everyone has been waiting for. Field updates in workflow rules and approval processes will now be able to span multiple objects.
- Web to object – This will be great for capturing data from a Form on your website and save it directly any object in Salesforce. More than just Web-to-Lead.
- Increased Report Filters – You will now be able to select up to 20 field filters. See out post on Dynamic Report Filters in the Customer Portal to see how more filters could come in handy.
- Selective Sync for Outlook – Each sales rep will be able to choose which contacts and events are synced to Salesforce.
- Email to Case for Outlook – Create cases directly from email
We have had a chance to try some of these new features in our Sandbox environment and are looking forward to the general release. Once Live Agent integration is released we will be posting a step-by-step guide on setting it up. Stay tuned for updates!